SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
8:00 AM-11:00 AM
We are excited to present the first Fishing Derby at The Forge! Whether you're an experienced or beginner angler, you'll enjoy this family-friendly fishing competition.
- Check-in will be open at 5:30 am; participants with boats are encouraged to come early! Families, beginners, and experienced anglers who will be fishing from the shore should plan to arrive between 6:30 and 7:30 am to ensure a smooth check-in process
- The derby will run from 8:00 am - 11:00 am. No fish caught before 8:00 or after 11:00 will be eligible for inclusion in participant scores
- Experienced Anglers will fish for BASS ONLY and are eligible for trophies and $250 CASH prizes! Winning categories include the longest cumulative length and the heaviest cumulative weight
- Beginner Anglers will also be eligible for trophies for the longest cumulative length and the heaviest cumulative weight
- Family & Child Participants will receive participation medals and special awards for the largest fish by species (bass, bluegill, crappie, and carp)
- An awards ceremony will be held at the park at 12:00 pm
- All participants 16 years and older must have a valid fishing license*
- Participants will be permitted to bring boats on the Great Lakes Quarries in accordance with the guidelines for the Heritage Quarries Recreation Area
- Boat, Rod & Reel rentals will not be available through The Forge.
*Participants ages 16 and up can purchase a license online HERE.
Experienced Anglers (16 and older) will be fishing for BASS ONLY and be eligible for trophies and $250 cash prizes! Registration is $20 per person.
Beginner Anglers who wish to compete for trophies will be fishing for BASS ONLY. Registration is $20 per adult (16 and older) and $5 per youth (15 and under).
Child/Family Participants will be fishing for anything. Participants will receive special medals and awards for the largest fish caught by type (bass, bluegill, carp, crappie). Registration is $5 per person (adults & youth). Please note, adults cannot cast their own line without a valid fishing license. Children under the ago of 13 need an adult chaperone.
Fishing at The Forge: Lemont Quarries
The Heritage Quarries Recreation Area offers some of the best fishing in the Chicagoland area! With seven different quarry lakes, anglers can catch a variety of fish including Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Warmouth, Black Crappie, Yellow Bullhead, Gizzard Shad, and Carp!
FISH WITH AN EXPERT
The Forge is excited to welcome expert fisherman Jim Hack to The Forge Fishing Derby! Learn tips and tricks from Illinois' expert fisherman.
Jim is best known for catching Illinois' Record Size Muskie weighing in at 35 pounds, 10 ounce, 54 inches length, and 22.5 inches girth.
All fishers 16 years and older will need a valid Illinois Fishing License in order to participate. Click below to find a local vendor or apply for a 24-hour license.